Saturday, December 13, 2008

# 22 NetLibrary

NetLibrary would not allow me to access it, so I visited MyMediaMall on the Rockford Public Library site. It is very easy to use. You need an RPL Library card, a PC, and the free software from Overdrive Media. You may even use a Mac. Also, PDA's, Smart Phones, and MP3 players are compatible. You must download the Overdrive Media Console first.

You can browse by looking at All Titles, Subject Areas, Fiction or Nonfiction, and by Genre. Simply click on a book cover, and it goes to your shopping cart. You can even place holds. Ebooks check out for 21 days, Audio books for 14, and movies for 7. They can be renewed by going to My Account. No late fees are ever charged because the items simply go back to the collection at the end of the check-out period.

I think it's a great system. I picked up some information I didn't know but will now be able to help patrons with.

No comments: